We welcome proposals for submissions to our book series. In the first instance, please contact the series co-editors directly – Rachael Kiddey (Rachael.kiddey – at -arch.ox.ac.uk) or Bill Caraher (billcaraher – at -gmail.com) – to discuss your idea for a monograph, edited volume, or trans-media publication and find out more about the route to publication. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Once accepted we will help you navigate the process with BAR, that is simple.
- In 4-6 weeks BAR will send feedback from reviews to authors and Series Editors.
- If review feedback is positive, any changes to the manuscript will be agreed, with corresponding deadlines and a contract offered.
- BAR will provide submission guidelines and templates and offer support and advice on manuscript preparation.
- Following manuscript delivery, production times are 6-8 weeks depending on complexity/length of text and number of projects in the pipeline.
- On publication you will receive 10 complimentary copies of your book. Additional copies can be purchased with a 35% author discount.
Sales and Marketing
BAR has a huge database of customers and contacts made up of booksellers, libraries and individuals, built up over 40+ years. Your book will be promoted and sold all over the world. We will work with you to maximise the reach and impact of your book within the field.
- Our BAR catalogues of forthcoming and published titles are sent to BAR customers, potential customers, libraries and booksellers worldwide.
- Your book will be available for purchase on the BAR website, Amazon and all other key bookseller sites.
- An email announcement is sent upon publication of your book to the members of the BAR Alert email mailing list service.
- We will work with you to ensure effective promotion of your book via our active social media accounts.
- BAR attends archaeological conferences where our publications are displayed and available for sale.
- Your book will be sent out for review to relevant journals and periodicals.
- We will seek and follow up specific sales and marketing opportunities for your book.
- Your book will never be out of print. After an initial print run has sold your book will always be available to purchase in our print on demand programme.